Small Business Week is approaching, but what does this mean for Canadian entrepreneurs? From October 20th to October 26th, 2019, thousands of small business owners come together to celebrate, learn, and network with other entrepreneurs. Visit the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Small Business Week website to find out what events are taking place in your province; some are free to attend! Need to know more information before deciding if these events are worth going to? Read more below.
What is this year’s theme?
Showcasing the people behind the business is this year’s theme. Canadian small business owners are encouraged to share their stories about launching their businesses and discover what keeps other entrepreneurs motivated to drive towards success.
Why should we celebrate Small Business Week?
Small and medium-sized businesses are the foundation of the Canadian economy, accounting for 99% of all businesses. In 2015, SMBs employed approximately 10.5 million Canadians in the private sector. With the small business industry growing, it is important that we take the time to recognize their successes and recommend helpful tools and resources to help them make smart financial decisions.
How can I take advantage of Small Business Week?
- Attend Events: Events are scheduled throughout Canada, with prominent business leaders, industry experts and a variety of speakers offering advice, guidance, and services. Check out events that are more applicable to you on BDC event listing.
- Network: Attending events can be a great way to meet other entrepreneurs and grow your professional network. Talking to other business owners can help you generate ideas on how to manage your business and deal with obstacles such as cash flow problems. Don’t hesitate to meet business owners from a wide range of industries, as they can provide you with insights that you can leverage as well.
- Attend Webinars: If you cannot make any of the scheduled panels or forums, try to find out if you can register for one of their webinars.
- Find Leads & Best Practice Advice: You aren’t the only one trying to take advantage of Small Business Week. Other small businesses will use this as a way to leverage promotional deals. Maximize this opportunity to find leads and best practice advice.
- Read Online Resources: If you aren’t able to attend events or view webinars, there are still great online resources available that are dedicated to small businesses. Our resources can provide you with tips and tricks on financing, managing, and growing your business. Learn more about how to open a business bank account, how loans in Canada work, how to understand your business cash flow, and more!
Run your own business?
Financing can help you manage these common cash flow problems.Learn more!!